In this highly accessible introduction to Islam, Tariq Jalil expounds upon the basics of Islam, a religion practiced by over 1.6 billion people.
Islam Plain and Simple also offers valuable insight into some of Islam’s most controversial topics:
- What does Islam say is the meaning of life?
- What are the religion’s real views on terrorism and violence?
- What does the religion say about women and their role in society?
- Who was Muhammad and did he actually practice what he taught?
The answers will surprise many by its simple and easy-to-understand exploration of Islam’s teachings. Exhaustively researched, Jalil’s book goes to great lengths to explore the world’s second largest religion and its followers. The book has been endorsed by the following:
- Eboo Patel an adviser to the White House
- Professor Michael Morony, UCLA, History Department, Islamic Studies Program Chair
- Professor Akbar Ahmed, American University, Chair of Islamic Studies
- Professor Juan Cole, University of Michigan, History Dept. Author and Commentator
- Dr. Reza Aslan, PhD in Sociology of Religions, Commentator and Author
Islam Plain and Simple
Also available on your Kindle, Ipad or Nook Reader.